Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 61: Philadelphia 76ers (34-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-26)
I would only play Ky with Luka so that they do their best with each other so the other teams cannot stop them and we score more easily. Your offense drops off when the two play without each other so stop doing it. You should play Exum and Hardy when they are off the court and run off clock unless they start to dominate the other teams second team.

Lively is slumping but that is to be expected in his rookie year. You ride him as much as you can and then you bring in Gafford we cannot win without someone in the middle to protect against the easy buckets and Kleber is not physical enough against bigger 5's. I expect that we could use Kleber as the 2nd team PF and he would get a lot of 3's. With Luka feeding Lively and PJ you can get them to perform as 2 way guys who score enough and both are good defenders that can also contribute on offense if a guy like Luka is feeding them so you need to play them with Luka so they do not suck.

At SF you get a better scoring option IMHO with DJJ over Green and his defense is somewhat better but both are ok enough on D but both are not the long time answer at SF. Green is not consistant and decisive enough to play with Luka out there because he is deferring to our starters and not trying to upstage them. Green at SF is really not his position I see his best position as a SG but he cannot start there or play at the 2 on the 2nd team with Exum and Hardy both being more explosive scorers I prefer them in that role since Green is a useful role player off the bench at the 3.

I do not want to see Hardaway at all but I understand you need to play him to get his trade value up higher for trade purposes in the offseason. Does Green have another gear to go to? Hardy is looking like he is going to continue to be a great option.

OMAX needs time as well and if he can come in at PF some then that means we may be able to utilize him at PF with PJ in at SF if only they shot 3's a lot better like I am sure will be the case next season. With both developing better shooting it would add enough size at the 3 we could then trade off Green and make a trade to get a pick or a player worth a damn.

Assuming we continue to stay in this rut much longer then I expect that Kidd will anger the basketball gods and get fired you cannot create a situation where Luka wants to leave.

A new coach with a better brain for the game is needed. Screw hiring a baby sitter you need guys that can develop better game plans and x's and o type stuff and who can motivate everyone like a coach is supposed to be able to do.

Problem a new coach would want to add a few pieces in the offseason and there is an obvious need for more bigs with massive size.

Our last pick of the draft pick is worthless and we need to take advantage of the 2nd rounds over abundant supply of big 5's and 4/5's so we can take a chance on getting something useful for cheap. We need to take whatever we can get for THJ and we should have done that before the TDL his value is as an expiring contract now since he has cratered lately and it could be a psychological thing because lets face it he has issues fitting in and getting upset when things do not work out.

We need more talent and if THJ is what the MBT want to trade then he needs to look a lot better in the very near future. With Green and THJ we may have enough to land some useful 2nd round picks and a somewhat useful player. Bundle them together to move up in the draft or settle in on taking a pair of 2nds. A 4 year player like Zach Edey might give the team another look and certainly it would help in certain matchups that could be hell to deal with later on as certain players start to develop.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-03-2024, 02:26 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-03-2024, 03:20 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 03-03-2024, 03:39 PM
RE: Game 61: Philadelphia 76ers (34-25) vs. Dallas Mavericks (34-26) - by myconsumerclub - 03-04-2024, 11:00 PM