Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: PJ Washington+ 2 2nds To DAL | G. Williams+ Curry+ 2027 FRP (top 2 protected)
(02-08-2024, 07:20 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Maybe you are right about Gafford, but I remember putting it into a trade machine at the time and it worked. Maybe Washington insisted on Bertrans, but it wasnt such a big difference in terms of role they played at the time.

Bullock I dont care about. Its the fact we gave Bullock AND a PICK SWAP for WILLIAMS, and 6 months later we are giving Williams and a FIRST ROUND PICK, for a player, who might turn out to be just as usefull as Williams.

In some companies, you would get fired for doing business like this.
I am optimistic and hope for the best, but no need to do mental gymnastics to convince yourself this is a good deal for Mavs.  If you look at it from a neutral point of view its just incompetent front office work, that has been going on for 15 years.

For the most part NBA moves are a zero sum game, so an average FO is going to have as many failures as successes.  If you hyper focus on the failures, you are going to be disappointed with just about every FO.  I would agree that every Mavs offseason since the Luka draft has been an overall failure, until this last one.  The GWill failure has been more than balanced out by Lively, Exum and DJJ.  If they continue to have offseasons like this last one, we should be in really good shape soon.

(02-08-2024, 07:34 PM)bodhisattva Wrote: Also this...
Hope you are right, but again a fans optimistic point of view.
Experience shows, we will probably be attaching 2 second round picks to PJ to trade him for Naz Ried or something similar about a year from now.
Again. I like Gafford, I am not so sure about PJ, but my opinion is Mavs didnt move much up with this 2 trades. Its a linear trade at a cost of loosing more draft capital, that is now close to 0. As in last 5 years Mavs are taking gambles in hopes, one of the players will have a breakthrough and his value would increase significantly. Newsflash, it doesnt work 95% of the time. Maybe Exum, but he was good for like 5 games before he went down.

That experience is based primarily on pre Lindsey days.  I'm hopeful that we started a new FO era with Lindsey on board.
[-] The following 4 users Like mvossman's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 02-08-2024, 01:38 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by KillerLeft - 02-08-2024, 01:41 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by Winter - 02-08-2024, 01:47 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by Kidnova - 02-08-2024, 02:01 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 02-08-2024, 02:37 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 02-08-2024, 02:50 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by WillE - 02-08-2024, 02:52 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 02-08-2024, 03:02 PM
RE: TRADE: PJ Washington+ 2 2nds To DAL | G. Williams+ Curry+ 2027 FRP (top 2 protected) - by mvossman - 02-08-2024, 08:30 PM