Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Most Unplayable Maverick of the Week
I agree that Hardy has been a disappointment so far this season. It only takes a hot streak over a couple of weeks to make most of the criticism go away though. He’s still fairly young and under contract for a few more years so there’s always room for hope. It’s up to him. 

Personally I have to admit that I never fully saw „it“ with Hardy though. I agree that his first step isn’t elite and that he clearly struggles creating space against NBA defenders. He needs an elite pullup game to make up for that as well as much better footwork under the rim and get better at PnR reads. Can he get there? I don’t know. He’s clearly talented and it’s not that he’s super tiny for a guard with Trex arms, but on the other hand not every small guard with non-elite athleticism turns into Jalen Brunson. JB came into the league a lot older, a lot more accomplished and with a more polished game already and it still took him years.

I gotta say that I’m pleasantly surprised by the coaching staff. Hardy hasn’t made it easy for them but they have done a marvelous job finding minutes for him despite the poor production. I’d imagine that will end at some point though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 01-20-2024, 01:54 PM