Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 38: Memphis Grizzlies (13-23) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-15)
(01-10-2024, 02:58 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Even in the wins I was not convinced by our non-Lively defense recently and Powell as our only big (and he was still by far the best of the bunch). We just cannot compete with a rotation that includes Powell, Williams, Morris and Holmes as our PF/C. We just get abused, when teams really focus on that glaring interior weakness. Williams looks more and more like a bust. He´s simply too short and slow. He´s truly position-less in a bad sense.

Also don´t get why Kidd didn´t play O-Max earlier. That game screamed for hustle and fight in the paint, not snail veterans.

I hated the Grant Williams trade.  I will never understand why we gave up a 2030 pick swap to get a guy we could have just signed in free agency.  Very much a Mark Cuban move.

Williams has been overall disappointing as his defense is weak.

However, he makes more sense next to Lively.  Without Lively, Grant's many weaknesses are accentuated.

Also, agree on OMax.  This was a game to bring in Richaun Holmes and OMax and see if anyone was willing to try to defend and rebound.

Wenyen Gabriel would be a nice fit given our current predicament.  I don't understand why Markieff Morris is sitting on our bench right now when there are useful players available.
[-] The following 2 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd, RGP1981
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 38: Memphis Grizzlies (13-23) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-15) - by surfpuckmd - 01-10-2024, 08:57 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-10-2024, 09:33 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-10-2024, 10:58 AM