Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 38: Memphis Grizzlies (13-23) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-15)
(01-10-2024, 08:23 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Here is another:

2. Playing super small against a team that had only the PHYSICALITY card left to play

Without Ja & JJJ the only thing Grizzlies had was bulk in Smart, Bane, Tillman, Roddy...

Mavs responded by playing tiny units for most of the game. Got bullied on the glass and in the paint.

We actually won the Powell minutes...in fact he came into the game four times and we either held our own or won each segment.  We got just trashed when he wasn't in the game.

I feel bad for the people who paid to see this.  I've come to expect this team will waste an evening of my life from time to time.  It shouldn't be my expectation, but it is.  But wasting someone's time and money when they pay hundreds of dollars to be there has to stop.  I get that it is a long season and no one wins a championship in January.  But, this team does this way too often.

Agree to an extent. But what was the main reason for this? I don't think it was just lack of wish, at least not as a majority. As you also recognize (and Iztok), it had more to do with roster construction added with limitations because a couple of guys still can't play. Small ball minutes killed us and we simply didn't have personell to play in a different way. Not sure why Holmes played only 3 minutes. Not that he was great, but 7 minutes of GW at center was an absolute disaster. And this is not so much on GW but him being played in a wrong role.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 38: Memphis Grizzlies (13-23) vs Dallas Mavericks (22-15) - by omahen - 01-10-2024, 08:36 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-10-2024, 09:33 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 01-10-2024, 10:58 AM