Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 20: Utah Jazz (7-14) vs. Dallas Mavericks (12-8) | 97-147 WIN!!!!!!!!
(12-07-2023, 03:11 AM)omahen Wrote: Mavs took care of business, not much else to say about the game. Even games against so depleted teams were often a challenge last season.

What is going on with Kessler? Affter a great rookie season he is now a back-up to Yurtseven?

Never liked Collins ideas in a Luka-Kyrie team. He is not a great defender and very difficult player to build around. Best position on offense is a center as he is great in PnR, but difficult to do with Lively as your starter. Ideal partner for him would be someone like Maxi, in his best version of course. Collins is someone who might get us a tiny little bit better, but far from putting us in the contender level. As Kuz said the other day - Mavs are one guy away. But, it has to be the right guy. Everything else will be just tinkering around the edges with similar end result regarding number of wins and position in the standings.

That is also why I am saying. If the right guy becomes available, I don't care about the cost. Size of salary, assets to get him. Not important. Of course Mavs should do best in negotiations, but I don't care what the end cost would be, as long as they add to their current core. I just want that they get it done. Look at Houston. Everyone was saying how crazy they overpayed Brooks and FVV, but they were the right guys to get them out of tanking. Sure, they might not be enough to get them to contender level, but that is more on their top picks from tanking years, who should be the stars. Not FVV or Brooks.

I was thinking about Kessler too.   I saw on Reddit someone say he was injured to start the year and also lost confidence with Team USA.   Something to monitor but he didn't look nearly as imposing as he was last year.

Utah still has a ton of picks coming, but the shine has worn off a little about being one of the "next" teams.   Lauri is really good, but they still need a lot of "A" talent.   Even Minny has played well and that trade doesn't look awful at the moment as Gobert has been playing really well.   

I really wonder if there is some reflection that they did not embrace the tank last year.   Tough to do with Lauri playing so well and the start they got off to.   But, they are sort in an odd position now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 20: Utah Jazz (7-14) vs. Dallas Mavericks (12-8) | 97-147 WIN!!!!!!!! - by Chicagojk - 12-07-2023, 09:27 AM