Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Mavs FRPs - seeking clarification
(12-05-2023, 06:55 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I was thinking of Patrick Williams.    He has been a disappointment.  He has showed some flashes, but just hasn't put it together.  I have no idea what his market is or what Chicago would want.  Would you trade Josh Green and a second for him?  Or could you trade the asset Hardaway back plus Hardy for him?  He fits better as a bigger wing, but may not be better than Josh.  Is he someone you can get before he makes a jump?  Or will he always be a tease?

I see similarities in Green and Patrick Williams.
They both think of themselves as "team players" - unselfish guys who moves the ball around and happy to do the dirty work. Neither are true scoring options, but has the talent to get buckets when they need to. But somehow wouldn't. Not sure if PW has the same confidence issues Green has, but Green has the better motor.

It was reported that PW is asking too much, the Mavs better stay with Green at his salary. The Mavs may not be getting what they paid for with Green's recent performances, but having another guy who's a bigger gamble is a no go.

I wouldn't trade JG+a second for PW, but I'd consider Hardy+Holmes+2nd for PW+Drummond.

I'm guessing PW wouldn't be re-signed by Chicago anyway, so Hardy is favorable to them. Hardy has potential while PW would be nothing more than a backup if he remains in Chicago. While PW as is doesn't excite people -- playing with Luka and Kyrie might still elevate his game. He could be another DJJr in the making.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Future Mavs FRPs - seeking clarification - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 12-05-2023, 09:34 PM