Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Mavs FRPs - seeking clarification
(12-05-2023, 05:27 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: There's an awful lot of conversation about the profile of our third star (second star, really - whoever it is, they should definitely fit better with Luka and ultimately outlast Kyrie one way or another). Most seem to think in terms of a big wing with fantastic defense, strong rebounding for position, 20 ppg-ish (not higher, since he won't be able to "eat" next to Luka and Kyrie), and some distribution ability. Basically, Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard with half or less of their miles, perhaps someone a little taller than those two. Very few players who fit that profile. Have to say I've never thought of Siakam as incapable of spreading the floor, but just looked up his 3p% history and threw up in my mouth a lot. I think there are probably around ten-fifteen players in the league that come close to fitting the profile, but several of those are too old. Bottom line is, you're talking about a very rare player who is going to be an expensive commodity. 

OG has a player option the coming year, which he will decline. If we get him, one way or another, our cap is going to be restrictively tied up in Luka-OG-Kyrie, so Nico and Lindsay had better be extremely astute in building around them if that happens.

OG shoots the 3 better than Siakam if Im not mistaken...thats why I asked the questions.  Seems like Bridges and OG fit better.  I dont know about historical stats...but it seems like OG shoots the 3 well enough to acquire and be called a fit with Dallas.  And we arent even considering the Luka effect of open 3s he will produce for OG.

Phoenix Bridges I would take over OG me thinks.  Dont know what the board thinks of that.  He just seems perfect.   But I dont think he would go back to that roll.   And I hate talking about someone who I have no idea what they think ha.

Maybe OG's defense is so elite that many would take him over Bridges considering he can shoot 3s reasonably well and Luka would provide even better looks.   Bridges can d-up and has offense and can shoot a 3, though.

If Game Theory is a thing...I dont think any team wants to help Dallas acquire Bridges or OG with Luke, Lively and Kyrie.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Future Mavs FRPs - seeking clarification - by youzigizag - 12-05-2023, 05:49 PM