Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Mavs FRPs - seeking clarification
(12-05-2023, 04:46 PM)youzigizag Wrote: I know this does not relate to what you asked...but what is Siakam roll with Mavs and Lively?  Or would you include Lively in a Siakam deal?  Neither can shoot.  Twin towers when necessary and Lively to the bench?

Would Mikal Bridges go back to a Phoenix roll after proving he can score?  Seems like if I was him I would pull the Jerami Grant/Kyle Kuzma and get paid and play somewhere I get more stimulation by being able to be involved on offense.  Call it a non-winning attitude if you want...but I bet there are teams Mikal could go to where he would be heavily involved in offense and the team still be successful.  He is the perfect player for Luka, though.

OG makes the most sense.  Good fit...not as good as Phoenix Bridges, though.  I just hate how everyone on RealGM says he is a glorified roll player who will be expensive if traded for and his next contract will be an over pay.  Sure...nothing wrong with a little over pay if its on a team with a perfect fit...and Dallas and Luka seem to be a great fit...but everyone seems to say they dont want that next contract based on his overall skill.

There's an awful lot of conversation about the profile of our third star (second star, really - whoever it is, they should definitely fit better with Luka and ultimately outlast Kyrie one way or another). Most seem to think in terms of a big wing with fantastic defense, strong rebounding for position, 20 ppg-ish (not higher, since he won't be able to "eat" next to Luka and Kyrie), and some distribution ability. Basically, Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard with half or less of their miles, perhaps someone a little taller than those two. Very few players who fit that profile. Have to say I've never thought of Siakam as incapable of spreading the floor, but just looked up his 3p% history and threw up in my mouth a lot. I think there are probably around ten-fifteen players in the league that come close to fitting the profile, but several of those are too old. Bottom line is, you're talking about a very rare player who is going to be an expensive commodity. 

OG has a player option the coming year, which he will decline. If we get him, one way or another, our cap is going to be restrictively tied up in Luka-OG-Kyrie, so Nico and Lindsay had better be extremely astute in building around them if that happens.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Future Mavs FRPs - seeking clarification - by Scott41theMavs - 12-05-2023, 05:27 PM