Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-04-2023, 01:48 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Not sure how Dallas can acquire the 2nds in case the '27 doesn't convey.
I would rather the trade exclude Muscala and use Powell and Hardy with Maxi in lieu of Holmes. I would also attempt to make it a single 2nd rd pick up front, the '27 a pick swap for Washington with an option for an additional 2nd rd pick if they decline.

Probably an unrealistic proposal, but I do like upgrading the 4/5 prospects with Maxi near unplayable.

I believe we have two future 2nd-round picks available although one is Toronto's 2025 2nd.  Perhaps we could swap that with another team for their 2027 2nd-rounder?  Your point is valid though.  That's an extra step.

Your offer would be Powell, Hardy, Maxi, a 2027 pick swap and a 2nd-round pick for Gafford and Gallinari?

I think that's probably around fair value but I don't know that the Wizards would want Jaden Hardy.  They already have some serious chuckers on the roster with Jordan Poole and Kyle Kuzma.  I think Poole and Johnny Davis likely occupy the same position on the floor.  I'd also prefer to trade Hardy rather than our 2027 1st but I doubt the Wizards would accept the offer.

I think we'd have to put up our 2027 1st for Gafford, unfortunately.  There are some other playoff teams that could really use another big.  The Pelicans and Thunder both need another big and they have a lot more assets available than we do.  Gafford would fit well on either roster.  The Lakers would also love to have him.

I hoped to include the Maxi contract in that deal in exchange for some expiring contracts to give us some additional value there.  Realistically, I think the Wizards would probably require our 2027 first with minimal protection plus Holmes in exchange for Gafford.  I think that deal probably gives us another 3-4 wins this season.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by surfpuckmd - 12-04-2023, 05:11 PM