Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-03-2023, 10:25 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: In one of the recent games there was some complaining about defensive rotations and guys not knowing where to be.  Watch THJ sometime.  He squares up on guys and tries hard and we all think he's playing D.  But, watch him away from the ball.  It isn't good.  It is the same old story.  We have 3 starters and a bunch of guys who are 5 - 9's in Green, THJ, DJJ and GWill.  We need a starting four and we need better at the backup 5 (especially on those nights when Lively has foul issues).  That Iztok video you posted makes a fantastic point.  The way Lively is developing, by the end of next season (assuming we get that one more guy who pushes GWill to the bench), we are going to be trouble.

My favorite lineup to end a game this year was Luka, Kyrie, Green, Jones and Lively grouping in the Houston game..  I am not saying this lineup is what I want to close every game.    But it gave me a visual of what I want to see moving down the road.   Long, athletic and active.   Lively is the key.  He has been much further along than what I was hoping.    He has to be a chance to be a unique big.  Maybe not all star but a guy who is really, really valuable to his team.    

That group that finished the Houston game was able make plays without scoring.   The hustle plays and defensive possessions.   I think they are still missing that big wing and maybe that one bulldog perimeter player.  It may need to be two guys because one guy who can do this is going to be over 30 million in all likelihood.   I am not worried about backup center.  That can be a veteran minimum guy they rotate in and out if they get the big wing right.    Instead of it being one guy, would two of DFS and PJ Washington work?   Or switch out to other two B level wings.    

My future vision was one of Luka and Kyrie would be on the floor at all times.   Jaden would be the third guard to give us another guy who can attack and get buckets (that has not worked yet).  We would have a fourth guard (EXUM?).    Josh, OMAX, Grant and X would be our four wings.   Lively would be our center.    I still like that visiion, I just think we may need more size on the wing even if we use our assets to find one more guy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by Chicagojk - 12-04-2023, 04:23 PM