Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-04-2023, 01:47 PM)mvossman Wrote: I think its way too early to make that call on OMax.  He looks to have legit NBA defense.  If he can just hit a corner three he can be of some value soon.  The rest will come at whatever his pace is.  I don't think OMax is going to stop us from making any kind of deal.  If he ends up being a useful rotation piece it will be a big win.

Powell gets about 8 rebounds per 26.  Not great for a center, but better than a rotting corpse.  I'm not sure why you are talking about Powell when Holmes has been the backup center recently.  He is currently averaging 13 rebounds per 36, which is more than Gafford (historically they are around the same).  

If Gafford came cheap I would be interested, but not sure why he would come cheap?

With Gafford, what would constitute cheap?  He's year one of a 3 yr 40 million deal, but for a team thats going nowhere.  Maxi is on year 1 of a 3 year 33 million deal.  Would they take back Maxi if we add Hardy?  Or do they want a 1st rounder?

And yes, its very early to declare anything with OMax. But in my opinion, with what i'm seeing, he's going to need another 12 to 24 months of seasoning before he's ready. Not saying he's toast, he's just bad right now and not ready to help.

And i'm talking about Powell, because we all know he will find his way back into the rotation. The Homes experiment will not last much longer. Speaking of the Holmes experiment, its only been going on a handful of games. So talking about Powell is pretty relevant. He will keep getting minutes unless we find a permanent solution. We've seen it for almost 10 years now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by Nowitzki Way - 12-04-2023, 02:51 PM