Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-04-2023, 01:14 PM)mvossman Wrote: You would obviously have to make that trade from a fit standpoint if nothing else.  Do you think there is any chance that would be the deal?

Utah doesn't really have a need for THJ so it would have to be a 3-way deal if you're talking about Collins.

I would also rather the Mavericks not trade with Danny Ainge.  He has a long history of winning unbalanced trades.  I hope we're smart enough to recognize that's he's smarter than us.  It's better if we just don't initiate that conversation.

I also don't think John Collins is a particularly good defensive player.  He's a good offensive player.  That's why he'll make over $25 million this season.  He's talented but we should focus on players who are better defensively.

He would help our rebounding and gives us some good size though.

I think we should see what we have in OMax before we give up assets for a big wing.  A better backup center remains our biggest need.  I think Grant Williams and DJJ might be good enough when paired with Daniel Gafford or Andre Drummond on the 2nd unit.

If you're referencing PJ Washington, the counting stats and the advanced stats are wildly divergent. All advanced stats seem to hate PJ Washington. Whether RAPTOR, the LEBRON metric or EPM, they all say PJ Washington is not a good player. That's so consistent that I think we should avoid him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by surfpuckmd - 12-04-2023, 01:28 PM