Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-04-2023, 11:57 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: PJ isn’t a ton bigger than Williams, but he can do more with the ball in his hands and he is the better rebounder.  PJ has said publicly that something was close to happening with Dallas.  What we don’t know is whether that was pre or post the GWill ‘trade’.

I’d probably put John Collins in this same category (slightly bigger than GWill, does more with the ball and is a better rebounder).  Neither of these guys is the defender that Siakam is.  We can probably argue as to whether they are better defenders than Williams (I suspect the answer might be no if Williams still played for Boston).  PJ seems like the odd man out in Charlotte.  Trading a second for Collins and getting back a first seems like an Ainge thing to do.

There are not a lot of great options.

PJ can do more with the ball, but he isn't any bigger and not really much of a better rebounder.  I don't think he is enough of an upgrade over Williams to warrant the likely cost.

Collins would definitely be a rebounding upgrade, but he costs 26 mil AAV for the next 3 years.  I might be convinced to take on that contract, but I would not pay a first for it.

Siakam checks a lot of boxes, but the 3 point shooting is not good and he will be insanely expensive.

Part of me wonders if the best solution might be to replace Green with a bigger more versatile wing.  I think OG actually checks more boxes that Siakam.  He is a better defender, better shooter and nearly as big.  He is also more than 3 years younger.  An S&T next offseason should not be too expensive, just don't know how crazy the salary would have to be.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by mvossman - 12-04-2023, 12:58 PM