Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-04-2023, 10:58 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Williams was a good signing, and will be valuable off the bench but he's extremely undersized. He does not provide what this team is lacking and that is rebounding and paint presence.  Toughness. 

A bigger 4 who can score, rebound, and guard the paint, while also covering the 5 for limited minutes is what this team is missing. Basically a healthy Maxi in his prime.  Siakam is the prototype, but the asking price will be insane. I doubt any combination of Green, THJ, Hardy, Omax, Holmes, Kleber, picks get this done. 

So do we find the next Maxi or the Next Siakam? This is why you and many others were looking at P.J. Washington.  Who else fits this type player and is available?

He is not exactly what you are looking for...questionable defense and questionable shot...but has size and can do some things.   The guy has warts, though.   Cheaper than Siakam.   I bet Julius Randle can be got.   I know he is not preferred by many around here but he checks some boxes.

I am neither here nor there on Randle.  Just saying he has some skill and size which the Mavs lack.

My issue with the Mavs can be summed up by what just happened to the Texas Rangers.   Jon Daniels for the past 10 years always said we are two years away.  In the same sense everyone on here says "wait another offseason to make moves", or "in 25/26 there is a great list of free agents coming on the market".   Rangers never did squat.   New management comes in and makes moves for high level pitchers and high level short stop or second baseman and they win the whole damn thing. Really dont want to argue about how baseball cap is different...so dont bother. Point is the Rangers new management came in and made moves immediately.

Do something.  We are after too niche of players around here that are never available and its always waiting for one to become available.   This tells me you have to draft these players...not try and acquire them.   Blow your whole wallet acquiring them and then be left waiting 2 or 3 years for your books to clean.   

Go get reasonably priced bball players with fundamentals that upgrade your team.  Not pass them up waiting for the perfect niche player. Find bbal players and make Luka and the coach adjust a little. Do we have to tie our hitch to the pnr? Maybe now that we found Lively its a must.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by youzigizag - 12-04-2023, 11:19 AM