Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-03-2023, 01:11 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Given that everyone seems to be in agreement that the obvious places to improve are the wings and backup center (which is a weird situation to evaluate with Maxi constantly hurt) it’s interesting to think about what this roster would have looked like if you swapped out the names we got/stuck with in DJJ/Williams/Green for names that were rumored at times Thybulle/Bruce Brown/PJ Washington. Feels like the front office is on the right track, just ended up not getting the names they wanted. What’s going to be really interesting is to see how we navigate all of this financially if Green and Williams don’t develop into contender level starters. Owing that duo 25-28 mil a year the three seasons after this is not sustainable if they prove to be no higher than bench level players.

Also curious if anyone can help me understand what (if any) sort of extension we could possibly negotiate with DJJ? The most concerning thing right now is that our best wing seems to be the one who is on an expiring vet min contract. He clearly fits well next to Luka and has proven so far to be a way better screen navigator than Green which is what is preventing me from buying into Green as the longterm fit (although it’s a skill he can still learn).

Williams played 25 minutes a game from the bench on a contender. That is easily worth the MLE which is basically what they are both getting paid. 

Holding on to DJJ will be about our exceptions. My guess is he he will be somewhere between tax MLE and standard MLE
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by mvossman - 12-03-2023, 03:05 PM