Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
Williams is miscast for the role the Mavs want him to play. Mavs brought in a 25 year old to be the vet leader and glue guy. He never anchored a defense and isn't an onball stopper. He is versatile and can shine in a switch heavy system (Boston in the past).
I think DanS post is spot on. Mavs once again have a collection of good rotation players but ideally you don't want them to start. Big difference compared to past seasons and the reason why I am more hopeful is that the we aren't talking about Bullock or Matthews on their last leg. We are looking at guys in their early or mid 20s. For the first time in what feels like forever the Mavs have a core of players in their early/mid 20s.
That's where I agree with Killerleft. I don't view this as a win now season (Cuban, Nico, Kidd probably do). Doesn't mean that they shouldn't try to win but it's more of a bonus for me.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by dirkfansince1998 - 12-03-2023, 11:50 AM