Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST
(12-02-2023, 09:54 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Dont want o be negative...maybe the kid is showing good judgement in practice and getting more minutes...maybe its to just show us what you can do for a trade...

but I notice no impact factor from OMax at all from the games I watch.

Can anyone with a better eye tell me that he is producing without box stats?  I see no impact on the game at all...offense or defense unfortunately.  His career is young and I am totally rooting for this kid...but I see nothing.  Hopefully someone can tell me he is shutting his man down on defense and thats all thats being asked right now.

For comparison...there is a school of thought here to move Green.  Green impacts the game consistently and regularly.  Maybe my casual eye is bad.  Tell me Im wrong because I want this kid to work out for us.

You are not wrong. But your expectations are way too high. Defensive players, unless they are shot blockers, have to rely on physicality in the NBA. Rookies can’t play physical because the cheating refs won’t let them. Just like rookies can’t get paid whatever they’re truly worth (because the union sold em out, as unions always do to guys who aren’t yet members), they can’t get calls either. For a few, they get a little bit of superstar treatment. But not late first rounders. 

Next year he’ll get reffed like a scrub, which is a little better. If he can keep improving, he’ll make a contribution next year or the year after.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 19: Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6) vs. Dallas Mavericks (11-7) | 8:00pm CST - by The Jom - 12-02-2023, 10:05 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 12-02-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: Jason Terry - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2023, 11:58 PM