Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 15: Los Angeles Lakers (9-7) vs. Dallas Mavericks (10-5) | 101-104 WIN!!!!!!!!
I think this was a great win despite the near collapse in the 4th quarter.  Josh Green played really well.  Richaun Holmes proved useful and did a good job on the boards.  We played a road game against a good team and won.  Our team is reliant on 3-point shooting to win.  We shot subpar from 3 but still managed to win.  That means a lot.

The Lively injury is the big concern.  I really hope we'll acquire another big if we expect Lively to be out more than 2 weeks.  For whatever reason, the Lakers didn't bother to go at the rim with Davis and Lebron much after Lively was hurt.  That was really foolish.  Other teams won't make that mistake.  

Despite the victory, Kidd is a loser.  He may as well have been in the bathroom during the entire fourth quarter.  Apparently, he isn't aware of the coaches challenge rule as he doesn't use it.  He also may not realize that you can call a timeout to allow your team to regroup when things start falling apart.  He bravely ignores conventional thinking by not playing the players who are playing well (in this case, Josh Green).  He then allowed Lebron to get off a clean 3-point shot to end the game rather than foul before the shot.  Fortunately, Lebron missed.  That was lucky.  Kidd is terrible.  

I think it's also notable that this was a fairly officiated game.  The Lakers generally get a lot of whistle help.  That didn't happen in this game.  Thanks to the officials for a fair game.
[-] The following 5 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • BigDirk41, loki, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, mvossman, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 15: Los Angeles Lakers (9-7) vs. Dallas Mavericks (10-5) | 101-104 WIN!!!!!!!! - by surfpuckmd - 11-23-2023, 05:29 AM