Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: Brooklyn Nets (0-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-0) | 120-125 WIN!!!!!
(10-28-2023, 02:44 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: Speaking of PJ….an interesting little tidbit for you all….

My best friend manages a high end restaurant called BLT in downtown Charlotte. He’s a big Mavs fan as well. He said PJ booked the entire restaurant after hours last night after their game. My buddy talked to PJ and told him that he wished he were a Mav. PJ replied simply “almost…almost…”  He didn’t provide any other details unfortunately.

I think the Mav’s felt they could use one more guy.  I’m not sure position mattered that much as they attempted to get Thybulle and may have attempted to get PJ and were in all sorts of rumors for a center.  We still have all of the assets we would have used in any such deal (except Green after his extension).

Personally, I think it makes sense to wait for the season to do something.  You get to see more about what you have (especially with Lively).  Dallas hasn’t been shy about TDL deals the last few years.  If we are in good position and good health in 2-3 months, there will be some sellers out there.  The part that makes me nervous is we seem quite fine paying for UFA’s and betting they sign.  Good pond to fish in from a value standpoint, but not without risk.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-27-2023, 08:42 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-27-2023, 08:47 PM
RE: GAME 2: Brooklyn Nets (0-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-0) | 120-125 WIN!!!!! - by DanSchwartzgan - 10-28-2023, 02:53 PM