Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: Brooklyn Nets (0-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-0) | 120-125 WIN!!!!!
(10-28-2023, 03:22 AM)Dundalis Wrote: I also think as Kyrie mentioned in his post game, this is basically his pre season.

One of the more understated things going on right now is that this is basically EVERYONES  preseason. There is a huge different between a team that is sleeping in their homes every night and doing training camp and playing preseason games in their arena vs one that is making 20 hour flights to Dubai and then going to Europe to put on performative acts for your superstars old team. I’ve been really impressed the way we haven’t come out flat the first two games despite all that nonsense. That stuff is going to affect older players like Kyrie way more than younger guys so I’m not concerned about him coming around at all. Kidd also treated our trip as a vacation it seems because he didn’t come remotely close to figuring his roster out during it, I have less faith in him figuring things out than Kyrie but there is a built in excuse here.

Also think this board is ignoring the fact that the nets are going to beat a lot of good teams. That roster is chalked full of proven rotation players, it’s not some rebuilding team, just a lot of seasoned vets without a superstar is all. They just took a 51 win team down to the wire in game 1 too, I wonder if Cavs fans were complaining about their team after that win because of the opponent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-27-2023, 08:42 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-27-2023, 08:47 PM
RE: GAME 2: Brooklyn Nets (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0) | 7:30pm CST - by StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 10-28-2023, 07:00 AM