Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: Brooklyn Nets (0-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-0) | 120-125 WIN!!!!!
(10-28-2023, 12:31 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: There are things wrong with the team, and lord knows there are things wrong with the coach, but come on - we knew that before the season started. Here’s what matters:

Two games, two chances to lose down the stretch like the keystone cops version of the team we suffered to watch last season. Instead, they’re 2-0 because they were able to tighten up and play better than the other team down the stretch. Yeah, neither opponent was a contender, but neither are the Mavs, and I think we all know that these would’ve been losses last season, quality of opponent be damned.

These are the kind of wins that build confidence.

Agree with this. I also think as Kyrie mentioned in his post game, this is basically his pre season. He was short on a bunch of his shots, which he mentioned is lack of conditioning. There's a lot more to come from him in terms of offensive support for Luka moving forward. Missing Hardy is also big because the offensive catalysts are really only Luka, Kyrie and THJ so far.

I think the defense will come along slowly to start the season, but once Lively really adapts to the league (I think he's one of those super adaptable high IQ quick learner types) maybe mid season I think he will be consistently be having a huge impact of the overall defensive performances of this team.

Green however really frustrates me, because he continues to do dumb out of control things that we have been critical of since his rookie season. It feels like he's the real slow learner type, opposite to someone like Lively. Keeps making the same mistakes, but also flashing incredible hustle plays that were also obviously really important down the stretch in this game. But overall he had the kind of performance that still makes you question whether he should really be starting games, even though it seems obvious that he should be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-27-2023, 08:42 PM
RE: JamesConway912 - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-27-2023, 08:47 PM
RE: GAME 2: Brooklyn Nets (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0) | 7:30pm CST - by Dundalis - 10-28-2023, 03:22 AM