Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0)| 119-126 WIN!
I totally understand why Kidd may prefer Green off the bench. Personally I am more interested in total minutes and who is finishing most games. I just don't think we have an alternative on the roster that will stick as a starter that Kidd is envisioning. A prime Boris Diaw type is the guy I could see in this role. Green is the best player for this role on the roster though So can Dallas find a player who can play this role the first 5-6 minutes of a game who plays smart, plays good defense and can hit a shot when needed? I don't think we have one on the roster. I would probably be more interested in Exum than Jones, but I think Exum is probably better off the bench as well.

I think I was one of the early cheerleaders for Lively and he has exceeded my expectations already. I will warn though there will be plenty of rough spots, a rookie wall, and a ton of foul trouble. I am more worried what happens when Lively struggles. I think I would prefer to see Powell and Maxi together (with Luka). They play well together and typically don't make mental mistakes. Not sure how it will work, but I prefer that than Maxi at the 5 (outside of the times we are playing a dinosaur center). Just seeing Lively's confidence of thinking he belongs and talking a lot on defense is really impressive for a 19 year old. I say start him. If you see him getting in constant foul trouble to start games, maybe bring him off the bench then.

I really want to see Hardy get minutes, but I think I agree that Hardaway should be getting those minutes. I hope they let Jaden fight for minutes though. Maybe he can earn them. I think Prosper's development is going to be huge. We really need a player of his height and skill. It will take some time, but I hope we get him some minutes (especially at home) for some games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-25-2023, 02:43 AM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-26-2023, 08:00 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by Dahlsim - 10-26-2023, 11:47 AM
RE: GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0)| 119-126 WIN! - by Chicagojk - 10-26-2023, 01:34 PM