Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-0)| 119-126 WIN!
Jones is not a shooter, don't be fooled by some percentage stat from a certain spot on the floor. He shot 1 3PA per game last season and never more than 2 3PA per game in his career. Vast majority of those were wiiiide open, which means defense was leaving him wide open on three and will continue to do so, even if he doubles or tripples his attempts. He shot 18 % on those few non wiiiiiide open attempts. Can't find the exact number, but I think league average on wide open threes is higher than 37 %. I don't believe he will miracoulusly become a different player with Mavs and suddenly become a shooter.

Life for others and especially Mavs PnR will be much more difficult beause of that. And we all know Mavs with Luka are a PnR heavy team. If you stick Jones in the corner, you are basically playing 4 on 5 halfcourt offense the way Mavs are playing. Doesn't make much sense to PnR him with Lively on the floor. Jones best (and only) offense in the halfcourt was coming with him as a roller in a PnR. Unless Mavs will suddenly start playing excellent defense and fast, none of which they did before, this will imho not look good.

I also wonder, who will be first player from the bench, assuming DJJ will be first substituted. I remember some statements about wishes for THJ becoming the 6th man of the year candidate
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: San Antonio Spurs (0-0) vs. Dallas Mavericks (0-0)| 8:30pm CST - by omahen - 10-24-2023, 08:39 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-25-2023, 02:43 AM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 10-26-2023, 08:00 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by Dahlsim - 10-26-2023, 11:47 AM