Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PRESEASON GAME 3: DAL vs. Real Madrid
(10-11-2023, 12:25 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: What I do find a bit humorous is that I also think this team isn't an NBA playoff team as currently constructed. 
Therein lies the crux of the argument. I thought they made the changes necessary to be a playoff team (top 8 seed). We’ve all been touting how good the moves were this offseason and how much better this team will be this year (I see you have our record as 40-42, so you are less optimistic than me about the changes). 

I had hope of the team going on a run to start the season and setting themselves up well for the rest of their season. I thought Luka and Kyrie were enough to overcome the deficit that Kidd caused and the the new defensive pieces were what would give us an identity on that side of the ball more than I’ve seen. I had them at a 45-37 record but thinking the West would be a bit more spread out and defined top to bottom than last year (and that record being good enough for a 7 or 8 seed). I guess that’s what I get for hoping.

If we don’t trade Kyrie by the TDL, I’ll be pretty upset. Zero reason to carry him on the payroll on a team that will probably not make the playoffs. Waste of his talent and payroll space.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 3: DAL vs. Real Madrid - by ItsGoTime - 10-11-2023, 06:33 AM