Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAME 2: MIN vs. DAL| 11am CT
Minnesota has a nice roster. Their big ? is what happens in the playoff when Rudy isn't the same level of player as in the regular season and KAT who has not produced well in important games. But looking at their roster to Dallas, you can make the case they have 5 of the top 7 players between the two teams. Williams and Conley being pretty close. I would rate Williams higher but both are best in support roles. Now talent isn't everything especially when you have the best player. The connection with the rest of the players is also important and one reason why we overachieved in our WCF run.

Hopefully we see Green start and get close to 30 minutes (maybe start play 6, come back in the second and play 8 minutes to begin the second quarter...etc). I just get the spidey sense the Mavs see the SF position is one they want to upgrade and view Green as a heavy minute bench player. The beginning of the season will be big for him to see if he can change that view. Maybe I am off, but it just seems like the position mavs use the remaining assets to improve.

Expect rough moments for Lively this year, but he looks exactly what we will need longterm. My question is if he struggles for stretches and needs sit for awhile during the long season, do we have an adequate group to fill in? Holmes did not look good yesterday. It was only a small run, but really need him to be a productive player.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PRESEASON GAME 2: MIN vs. DAL| 11am CT - by Chicagojk - 10-08-2023, 09:39 AM