Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can the Mavs NOT Be Better with These Additions?
Its almost 2024 and Dwight Powell has and will be starting center for 5(!)years in a row now. There is nothing to be optimistic about.
There is this talk about some rookie center and wing, but I dont care, they will probably suck and get very limited minutes. Anyone remembers Tyrell Terry? There was the same hype around him back in 2021 on this forum. Where is he now? He was supposed to be next curry or something if you believe some people on this forum. I expect the same from this years rookies because the hype is the same.
Also Hardy. I dont get the fascination. Dude made 3 good plays in 2 meaningless games, and he will also brakeout etc... Same with Green. Dude is almost out of rookie contract, and beside hustle cant do anythhing. Maybe this two can at least be considered valuable assets at some future trade.

Mavs got Luka, Kyrie and Powell. We are pretty much a lot worse version of Hardens, Pauls and Capellas Houston. Shitty basketball with a bad bad coach. If things go right, maybe, maybe they make it to second round of PO. Maybe WFC. Maybe. If things go bad they dont make the playoffs. Its will be pretty much your turn my turn between Luka and Kyrie. Boring to watch, maybe it will work, based on the talent alone. Until Kyrie goes crazy. And he will go crazy.

I did like this offseason moves. Like Williams, Holmes and Seth back, but its late. I wouldnt be shocked if they bring DFS back. Idiots. By now Mavs should be up there with Suns and Nuggets, instead we are hoping for playoffs while teams like OKC and Spurs are getting stronger. I mean its a closed league with around 300 players to chose from and you have a fixed amount which you can spend. A child would do a better job than Mavs FO in the last 5 years. Its not a hard job.

Anyway 30, 40 games into a season DP will be playing 25-30 minutes per game, and Mavs will suck. We will probably make PO, but it will suck.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Can the Mavs NOT Be Better with These Additions? - by bodhisattva - 10-02-2023, 08:00 PM