Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can the Mavs NOT Be Better with These Additions?
(09-28-2023, 10:20 PM)michaeltex Wrote: I'm cautiously optimistic that the team will be better. I'm steeling myself for some ugly basketball in the first 20 games or so as everyone finds their rhythm and gets comfortable with each other. Hopeful that around 1/1/24 we will start to see consistency and the wins will start piling up, but there are a lot of unknowns between here and there.

Some questions I have for the deeper thinkers here are:

Is there a sense that the Luka/Kyrie pairing starts to work? It feels to me like there are two stars who are best with the ball in hand.

Will we see Kyrie assume the PG role and have Luka play more of a post up position (ala Jokic)?

If Kyrie assumes a more dominant role, does that play into Luka wanting to go find another team to lead?

I like the feel of the rookies, but there has to be a way to avoid throwing them into the deep end while not assigning them to the kiddie pool. Does the staff, not just Kidd, have the skills/experience to manage their growth during a competitive season?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this board coming alive as things get going around the AAC.

I might be crazy, but the Luka/Kyrie on court fit is pretty low on the list of my worries.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Can the Mavs NOT Be Better with These Additions? - by KillerLeft - 09-28-2023, 10:33 PM