Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dame Trade: Dame to MIL| Holiday+Ayton+1sts to POR| Nurkic, Allen, Little to PHX
(09-27-2023, 07:15 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Marginally serviceable? Suns did very well. They now got added bench depth. The guys they got can play. Nasir Little, Greyson Allen started for the Bucks, Keon Johnson and Nurk to add to Eric Gordon, Bol-Bol, Lee, and Eubanks.

I think the Suns had a good offseason and seem poised to be one of the top 6 or so lead contenders.   I am just not sure if this trade is a win for them.   Maybe I still have hope that Ayton can be a good defensive/offensive center.  It probably wasn't going to happen in PHX.  He didn't want to be a third option last year.   He wasn't going to be happy being a 4th option this year.   I am just not sure Nurkic is the answer.   Nurkic is a guy who I have thought was pretty solid in the past.   The last few years, he hasn't been.   I just picture Dallas playing him off the floor if they met in the playoffs.   Grayson is solid, but not sure I trust him for the playoffs.   Little is intriguing, but really hasn't done it yet.   They also have a difficult balance fitting in their glue guys.  A lot guys who either expect to play or have short contracts and think they need to play.   It has worked out for a lot of teams, for others it hasn't.  

So, I think the positive thought of Vogel getting buy in from Ayton is better than this package.  But maybe they thought that was never going to happen and wanted to sell when his value was still solid.  We will see.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dame Trade: Dame to MIL| Holiday+Ayton+1sts to POR| Nurkic, Allen, Little to PHX - by Chicagojk - 09-27-2023, 07:28 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 09-28-2023, 03:24 AM