Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT
(01-03-2020, 05:13 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: Agreed Dahl and you were correct with your early assessment of Luka pre draft. All of us are on the same page that this guy is a stud and the nitpicking is only because we don’t want him ending up like a Russ or Harden. 

Luka doesn’t aggressively flop or hook looking for the refs to bail him out.  That is a big difference for me.  Harden as he progressed in the playoffs almost seemed like he lost trust in his ability to score and his go to move was baiting the refs.

Great point.  That issue I blame on the league more so than the players.  

Once the refs start letting stars like Harden, Giannis, Russ and Lebron get away with things regular players can't get away with like driving into people and knocking them backwards with a shoulder ram, or blatantly hooking etc. the other stars like Luka have to decide what they can and can't get way with on behalf of their team or else be prepared to lose calls and lose games. 

Right now it looks to me like Luka is getting beat up waaay too much for a star player and its taking a toll on his body.  I guess it because he's only in his second year but the refs don't seem to be protecting him nearly as much as the other stars at his level of production.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT - by Dahlsim - 01-03-2020, 06:21 PM