Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIBA Qualifying Tournament: USA loses to Germany|Gold medal between Germany+Serbia
(09-06-2023, 08:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree with this, and this is why I was on board with the Lowry pursuit a couple summers back (and probably why the Mavs wanted him, too). He would've been a great fit in the role we're envisioning, regardless of whether or not he could still make a difference on the court. This is also part of why I was against the Kyrie trade.

But, it is what it is. Kyrie is who they got. No choice now but to hope he's up to it, because I agree - that veteran "I've seen all this before" leader is an ingredient that has been missing here.

Kyrie isn't a leader, especially a vocal one.  He's a follower.  When things go sideways, he disappears. That's been proven on his stops prior to getting here. It's a shame too, because he's one of the most talented players in the game. Maybe he will change the narrative this season. I'll be watching.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIBA Qualifying Tournament: Canada Eliminates Slovenia - by HoosierDaddyKid - 09-07-2023, 02:00 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 09-10-2023, 11:05 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by WillE - 09-10-2023, 03:30 PM