Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIBA Qualifying Tournament: USA loses to Germany|Gold medal between Germany+Serbia
(09-01-2023, 07:49 PM)omahen Wrote: He is a perfect example of a player who basically controls where he will be. He is expiring and I think Toronto already missed their opportunity to cash in big on him. No one will pay a fortune for a season (or even less, if traded at TDL) rental. Even if they are sure, he is prepared to resign with them, it is still a risk to take. Player relationship is everything now. So, convince the guy he wants to be part of the story and there will not be very strong competition out there. 

I still woulnd't mind Grant. Him being overpaid means he would likely cost less in assets. And he is not that much overpaid, imho. I don't think Mavs have a problem paying a 30 mil per year guy on their team (also probable range of next OG contract). This is basically THJ and Holmes salary. If Green is signed for a modest salary, I don't think they would have a problem staying under first apron.

If we could really acquire Anunoby, that would be amazing.  I think I would offer Jaden Hardy, our 2027 unprotected first and a contract (Richaun Holmes) for Anunoby.  I think that would make us a contender.

I wouldn't want Grant even for just contracts, i.e. Holmes and THJ.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIBA Qualifying Tournament: Slovenia makes it out of groups! - by surfpuckmd - 09-01-2023, 08:00 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 09-10-2023, 11:05 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by WillE - 09-10-2023, 03:30 PM