Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIBA Qualifying Tournament: USA loses to Germany|Gold medal between Germany+Serbia
(09-01-2023, 05:53 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: I don't think Green will be the third best player on this team, but I'm curious, do you feel the third best player should also be the third best offensive player?

I would also say that us celebrating this offseason where we had replaced all our role players effectively kind of speaks to how difficult it had been for us in recent seasons to do just that, all NBA roster moves are difficult no matter how we want to spin it on this board.  Green was the one role player we had that did all the things that we as a team were absolutely terrible at (do more than spot up shoot, make plays in transition and get offensive boards) which is why he hasn't really been involved in too many trade talks now.

I think a third best player should be capable of putting up around 15 ppg and playing very good defense. Guys like Annunoby, Smart, Jerami Grant come to mind. There might be better offensive players on the team, but their defensive limitations would relegate them to 6th man role (I have Hardy as an example in mind). I am not sure GW can be that guy too, neither can anyone else currently on the team. That means Mavs still need to bring that guy in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FIBA Qualifying Tournament: Slovenia makes it out of groups! - by omahen - 09-01-2023, 06:57 PM
JamesConway912 - by JamesConway912 - 09-10-2023, 11:05 AM
RE: JamesConway912 - by WillE - 09-10-2023, 03:30 PM