Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT
(01-02-2020, 07:26 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 02:53 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: The best part about all this is that we have the pieces for the fix. Luka is an excellent low post player and also an excellent PnR guard.  It is just a matter of the team having more deliberate set plays during clutch time to use those things and KP’s mid range game primarily, than looking for 3 pt shots.

Could it justly be said that if the Mavs don't coach KP into being a good (eventually great?) pick and roll player that they should never have traded for him?

KP with just  his defense, rebounding, and shooting from the outside makes it a no brainer to trade for him.  However he is capable of much more  That’s the beauty of this. There is so much more left to be tapped there.

(01-03-2020, 07:05 AM)Dahlsim Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 01:55 PM)fifteenth Wrote: That is a great video, and great points by you Dahl. I've been opposing you throughout this thread so I better get by butt down here in the post (like the video said) and give you props when you make great points.

All good my friend.  It's just what we do.   Big Grin 

BTW, So much of what they talk about in that video was on display last night against the Nets during Boban's 12 minutes on the floor.  
Highly efficient offense that actually kept the interior defenders totally preoccupied generating good looks outside as well as offense at the rim.

I took a Swimming 101 class in college. I never learned to breathe correctly. To pass the finals I had to swim 1 lap back and forth an Olympic size pool. I took exactly 1 breath in the middle of each half lap and swam the length. My teacher said I don’t know whether to congratulate you or strangle you. 

When I watch games like yesterday, I am reminded of that line. While wins are always good, I am not a fan of those 3s that Luka took. Those are heroball shots that look awesome when they go in. That’s now how I want him to progress as a player. I would still like him to probe inside for a better shot first. I am starting to wonder though if it is already too late. Something in his brain is itching to take those shots.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT - by hakeemfan - 01-03-2020, 10:04 AM