Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead part of offseason, what do you think is the worst/best trade in Mavs history
(07-26-2023, 02:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Before my time! I have no idea who Dale Ellis even is! Was this part of the moody madness era?

I'd have to check the dates. But Ellis was in the 80s for us, his best years were with the Sonics although he had a long career. He was a lottery pick but had a hard time ever getting minutes with us because we had Ro and Aguirre already manning the wing spots and Dick Motta didn't seem to like him (we had Detlef Schrempf rotting on the bench too at one point, the 80s Mavs really knew how to draft). Ellis ended up driving Motta out of town after demolishing us in the playoffs in his first season with Seattle, we had a new coach to start the next season after that. Hilariously, Motta ended up coaching Ellis again years later in Denver

Dale Ellis was a Reggie Miller caliber type of shooter and player but he was also kind of a dick, had legal troubles, and was terrible with the media so he wasn't fondly remembered as a player even though he was fantastic on the court which is probably why you haven't heard of him. He was the first player in NBA history to have 1000 career 3s.
[-] The following 3 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • HIMAV, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dead part of offseason, what do you think is the worst/best trade in Mavs history - by MrGoat - 07-26-2023, 04:22 PM