Poll: Are you satisfied with the offseason?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.67%
33 91.67%
No
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far)
(07-22-2023, 01:05 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: As for majority on this board liking these moves we have seen this time and again. Get excited in the off-season and then once the regular season starts have the excuses as to what anyone expected from a #10 pick or a Dwight Powell or a Curry.

But I'm saying all of that NOW, and I still think this was a hell of a fine summer. 

My evaluation of how the off-season was executed and how competitive the team is this season are not linked at the hip. There was simply too much wrong here to think that way. We have all been patient since Luka was drafted, and it's frustrating that the team isn't in better position. They SHOULD have been at a place where adding 1-2 pieces meant contention, but they just weren't. I fully blame the front office for years of missed opportunity, and am not letting them off the hook. But, I think THIS SUMMER was a step in the right direction, and if they had just identified the Porzingis situation as the disaster it was sooner (I knew after the bubble season) and started doing this back then, they'd be in a better place now in all likelihood. 

TL;DR: I don't expect they'll compete this year, might not even make the playoffs, AND I think they had a good summer. Unfortunately, the state of the team at the end of last season was such that both can be true.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-14-2023, 11:34 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-16-2023, 07:32 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-17-2023, 09:18 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by HoosierDaddyKid - 07-18-2023, 12:12 AM
RE: Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far) - by KillerLeft - 07-22-2023, 01:37 PM