Poll: Are you satisfied with the offseason?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.67%
33 91.67%
No
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far)
(07-21-2023, 10:34 PM)chaparral Wrote: Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far)?  No...

Love what they did with the draft.  Kudos to the new guy Dennis Lindsey. 

But Cuban has his hand on this offseason (so far) in resigning his Bromance buddy Powell.  And as of today, Powell looks to be the best starting Center candidate the Mavs have on the roster.  Did anyone pick Powell in Dan's questionnaire?  That alone tells me the Mavs should receive a poor grade for the offseason.  Oh wait, Mavs Fans favorite word every summer is Hope.  I Hope Holmes returns to his 2020/21 season with a change of scenery.  Or I Hope rookie Lively can play 20 minutes a game this season.  HOPE.

I do like resigning Kyrie to under 40 mil this season.  I HOPE Kidd and the new coaching staff can integrate them into a new system where it is not just your time / my time.

I do not understand the early signing of Curry if we can't / don't have plans to trade Hardaway.  I think Grant Williams is a DFS replacement, so there is a wash there.  Don't understand why we offered Thybulle less than the full MLE - new CBA hard capped rules or dose Cuban want to stay under the LT?

Right now I see the Mavs like this:

C:  Powell - Lively - Holmes - McGee
PF:  Doncic - Kleber - Prosper
SF:  Williams - Hardaway
SG:  Green - Curry/Hardy
PG:  Irving - Exum

I'm listing Luka at PF because he is our best rebounder.  Mavs have yet to address this need this offseason - as well as the past few years.  As for shot blocking, all we have is Hope in Holmes and rookie Lively.

Can Grant cover other teams SF's?  And is the signing of Curry going to take minutes away from Hardy?  And one last hope, Hope Green takes the next step.

OK, I lied about one last hope, I Hope the Mavs have another trade lined up for later this summer.

I think that´s a fair evaulation, if you thought this was another 12 months job, which imho it never was.

I´d give them a B-/C+ ish grade for now, that has more potential to move up than down, depending on what else happens. I´d be most digusted, if they cannot land a perceived difference-maker and then opt to round out the roster with some Gay veterans. That would again suggest they have not understood the goal of this season. Whether they acquire a Jalen Smith or pick up a Pokusevski instead of another walking win now retirement home, won´t alter their ceiling next season significantly, but it would suggest they severely overrate their own moves again.

I´m pretty confident they´ll be in the 7-12 range again. 

We´ll once again talk about tank or no tank to save the 10th pick another year. I watched the top 3 prospects from next year and two looked very meh anyway.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-14-2023, 11:34 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-16-2023, 07:32 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-17-2023, 09:18 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by HoosierDaddyKid - 07-18-2023, 12:12 AM
RE: Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far) - by Mavs2021 - 07-22-2023, 01:55 AM