Poll: Are you satisfied with the offseason?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.67%
33 91.67%
No
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far)
I wouldn't say I'm satisfied (yet), but I'm pleased.

- Trading #10 + Bertans for #12 and TPE and still getting our guy was great. A+ move.

- Drafting Lively I'd give it a B, he was not my choice (I had Whitmore as the clear guy and George ahead of him).

- Using the TPE to absorb Holmes and get a late 1st for another guy that impressed you was good. Holmes could have a bounce back season (his contract is
bad, but worth a try, if it doesn't work he's at least a filler for a trade). I had O-Max as one of the role players that could help a contender, so I give it an B+.

- Re-signing Kyrie was a must and they've acomplished that without giving him a crap load of money. Grade A.

- Signing Curry to 8M/2y (2nd year NG) was ok I guess. B- move, since it didn't adress other needs (since Wood is gone shooting could've been a need).

- Signing Exum to a 6M/2y (2nd year NG) was a decent bet. B move, good candidate to have a bounce back season after euroleague.

- S&T for Williams (54/4) and 2 2nds using a swap of '30 DAL 1st and Bullock was a little steep of a price, but a worthy gamble for a young player on a position of need. B- move.

We didn't adress our biggest need (rebounding and paint protection) for this season, but I'm pleased we went younger and didn't "All-in" in a move for a veteran center, IMO we're still far away than just one move and it'd put great expectations on our squad. We can see a bright future long-term and still can compete shot-term, although not contending. We have options come TDL depending on how our season goes.
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
[-] The following 2 users Like HAguiar95's post:
  • KillerLeft, Mavs2021
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-14-2023, 11:34 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-16-2023, 07:32 AM
RE: Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far) - by HAguiar95 - 07-16-2023, 10:13 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-17-2023, 09:18 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by HoosierDaddyKid - 07-18-2023, 12:12 AM