Poll: Are you satisfied with the offseason?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.67%
33 91.67%
No
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far)
No problem with the Lively pick here. First off, the drafting of this FO has been good so I'd give the scouts some leeway and not overreact before anyone has even played a single regular season game. Even with that, what Lively and OMax both showed in SL was great to me. There was that random article that tried to compare the center position to running backs which was full on retarded because the main reason running backs are so expendable is they take on too much punishment, generally very injury prone and fall off a cliff at around the time they get their 2nd contract while other positions are playing into their 30s. If you want to use the running back analogy, running backs that are good receivers and can play all 3 downs are higher value. Similarly, big men that can shoot are much higher value. Everyone wants Myles Turner on their team but no one is getting him. There aren't really any stretch centers being shopped around. Lively is nothing like Bagley. Bagley is a score first tweener and not a rim protector at all. Lively showed elite rim protection in college and it's already showing. He'd be more comparable to JJJ although JJJ showed way more shooting potential in college. If Lively had the same shooting numbers he probably goes top 5. The shooting does look legit though. FT form is great, he was perfectly swishing lots of FTs with nice arc in SL. Only a matter of time before he has a respectable enough shot defenders close out on him imo. No one is getting a rim protecting stretch big in FA or trade other than KP and he's weird because he was a max contract guy that had multiple knee surgeries and is injured all the time. Also I doubt the Wizards trade him if they weren't in fire sale tank mode. Lively also has demonstrated intangibles of work ethic and being a smart player, which is the downfall of a lot of others. He's set a couple of decleater type screens and shown some quick decisive passing rolling in SL which is another notch at his bbiq. Easily worth the pick to me from what I've seen so far and I don't mind waiting a few years for him to reach his potential. Luka is 24 and he could have his perfect big man for the next decade+.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jakeospikez's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-14-2023, 11:34 AM
RE: Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far) - by Jakeospikez - 07-15-2023, 06:46 PM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-16-2023, 07:32 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-17-2023, 09:18 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by HoosierDaddyKid - 07-18-2023, 12:12 AM