Poll: Are you satisfied with the offseason?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.67%
33 91.67%
No
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far)
LOVE!!! this off season! Mavs got PAID with significant draft compensation for taking on a 2-year project at a POSITION OF NEED! I like the best-player-available mantra when you’re drafting. But with reclamations? When you’re just taking a swing, take one where you can afford to play the guy and give him a chance to work out. A brilliant move.

I LOVE targeting Exum and Thybulle. These are guys who can really contribute if they could just find a 3-point shot. Both showing signs of having precisely that under development. Yes, guys can and regularly do become 3-point shooters for the first time in their mid to late 20s.

I LOVE getting Kyrie on a tradeable contract! Did NOT expect that to happen. That required foresight and planning.

I LOVE taking advantage of the newly worst-run franchise in the NBA! Your Boston Celtics, beantown fans. Let Smart and Williams go for peanuts and bring on KP at an albatross price right before awarding Jaylen Brown the largest contract in NBA history. Brad Stevens won’t last the season, friends.

I LOVE landing Seth and keeping Dwight at discount rates! Those guys will contribute way above their new pay grades. Super-efficient scorers who are absolutely lethal against matchups that can’t exploit their weaknesses. There are lots of those matchups for bench pieces. It’s only playing (and paying) them as starters that causes concern.

I LIKE (yeah, just like) the Lively/Prosper/Williams additions. All could work out great. I’m just cognizant that it’s way too early to cover judge those books. Like I did with Wood early on last season.

I LIKE that the Mavs keep popping up as possibilities for giveaways of Ayton and Capela. I get that there are concerns, but our front office appears to be committed to only taking them on in exchange for salary dumps. I don’t see how anyone can dislike that. And I’m not yet convinced that neither Atlanta nor Phoenix will cave out of desperation and do those deals yet.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-14-2023, 11:34 AM
RE: Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far) - by The Jom - 07-15-2023, 11:43 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-16-2023, 07:32 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-17-2023, 09:18 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by HoosierDaddyKid - 07-18-2023, 12:12 AM