Poll: Are you satisfied with the offseason?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.67%
33 91.67%
No
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far)
(07-15-2023, 09:34 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: OMax has the skills to be a rotational player already, as in, top 8 minutes on the team. I would be stunned and disappointed if he isn't a starter by the time the playoffs roll around.

I know everyone loves Hardy, but I think his ceiling is as a Jordan Clarkson type player. He's the microwave off the bench. I understand that that's people's presumption of his role this year already (presuming we trade THJ), but this is a guy who is never going to start for a good team. Green needs to become a lot more aggressive offensively and even improve a bit on D. 

As for the offseason as a whole, given where we were at game 80 of last season - rotten roster and no assets - I don't see how anyone can bitch about the direction and the results. I understand that it doesn't fit the parameters of "win now" for a guy like omahen who is concerned about losing Luka. I hope that someone had the guts to bring Luka in at the end of last season and say, "Hey, look, man, we have done a terrible job of building around you since we drafted you, and we really put ourselves in a bind assets-wise. Please forgive us. Mark is going to back off and we're going to bring in this guy Lindsay, who is a smart team builder, to help us. Thing is, it's going to take a couple of years, and we need you to be patient with us. The way to improve in this new CBA era isn't to bring in some third max player next to you and Kai, but to go young, and that's going to take a year or two to pan out. Please trust the process."

Let´s hope so.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-14-2023, 11:34 AM
RE: Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far) - by Mavs2021 - 07-15-2023, 09:49 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-16-2023, 07:32 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-17-2023, 09:18 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by HoosierDaddyKid - 07-18-2023, 12:12 AM