Poll: Are you satisfied with the offseason?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.67%
33 91.67%
No
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far)
Hmm…I am thrilled with the direction the team took this offseason. I was tired of paying premium prices for guys already fully mature. We had limited assets and I thought a win now move this year would not have catapulted us up to favorite while also making us look at buzzsaws coming with all the young talent in the west. So, if these guys can play, the Mavs are in a much better position moving forward.

Now, did they do enough to compete now? Probably not. If there was a choice between next year and 2-3 years down the road, I think they made a wise decision.

So, what are the Mavs counting on? I think they are counting that Luka is a top 5 player and that Kyrie is sane and a top 25 player. If true, I think the Mavs will have a top 10 offense because those guys are that good. For the rest of the roster, it is surrounding those two guys with guys who do the small winning things that allow Luka to be Luka and allow Kyrie to be Kyrie. So instead of being awful in defense and rebounding can Dallas get to 15th in both? Not great, but not awful. If you are top 10 in offense and league average in defense, where does that put you when you have a superstar? I think that is the vision. The vision is not fully built, but I think that is what they are trying to build.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-14-2023, 11:34 AM
RE: Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far) - by Chicagojk - 07-14-2023, 11:14 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-16-2023, 07:32 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-17-2023, 09:18 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by HoosierDaddyKid - 07-18-2023, 12:12 AM