Poll: Are you satisfied with the offseason?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.67%
33 91.67%
No
8.33%
3 8.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far)
I said yes, I don’t see any way around this offseason being any less than good.

I am absolutely with you Omahen in that we should have done better (why isn’t the 28 pick swap a good alternative in the Capela trade? If 2 SRPs are not enough but 27 is too much, it seems like such a simple compromise.). Feels like they are valuing that 27 (and THJ) like Masai values Siakam and OG. A FRP is what is used to get a starting player who will anchor your defense so I would have used it, especially if it means they shut up about wanting Green or Hardy (which I have no doubt is also being discussed). Take the names out of it and tell me a good rebounder and defensive anchoring, rim protecting C who gets 12 and 11 for a good 6th man bench player who has improved defense on 14-16 ppg and a first is not a deal that gets done around the league as good value?

On to another subject as I know someone is going to come in and tell me that pick is too valuable and Capela ain’t it. Can we cut to the chase and just agree to disagree?

Powell vs Holmes. As much as I want Holmes to succeed here (especially considering this is probably it), I think the continuity of having Powell out there will take precedence at least to start the season. I’m thinking though, that it’s Lively that starts out getting less minutes, much to the chagrin of most everyone here. Holmes gets the main backup minutes until he proves he’s better than Powell, or is the 3rd string C from Sac. At that point, it’s either Powell/Maxi/Lively or Holmes/Maxi/Lively for the rest of the season.

In conclusion, please let there be more to this offseason!
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you satisfied with the offseason (so far) - by ItsGoTime - 07-14-2023, 10:34 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-14-2023, 11:34 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-16-2023, 07:32 AM
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-17-2023, 09:18 AM
RE: Jason Terry - by HoosierDaddyKid - 07-18-2023, 12:12 AM