Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wood You Consider Spending Over the First Apron
(07-08-2023, 10:22 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: I'm not sure that it is off the court issues. Wood has the reputation of being a guy who wants to be paid like a STAR but refuses to play both ends of the floor. The question becomes how do all the parties respond to his market value dipping below 10 million? Does his agent come to Dallas looking for a 1yr deal, and Dallas insists on a team option for year 2 so he is tradable, for around $14 million total?

I think that ship has sailed further than timbuktu. 

Even if Wood comes crawling back to Dallas, why would the Mavs even grant his request at such a salary? The league has set the market for him and they see him as a minimum player. The reasons why go beyond counting stats that's for sure. Think about it. If Wood had adopted an attitude like Powell, and literally did everything the Mavs asked of him (and he has the talent to do it), do you really think he'd be in free agency searching for a vet min deal? The Mavs saw 2 weeks of it and were ready to extend him for 2-4 years between 40-60 mil!!

Wood has only himself to blame. There are obvious behind the scenes issues with him. This was probably his last chance to prove to the league his reputation doesn't precede him and he failed. No shot in the universe Wood is back and frankly I wouldn't want him back at a vet min deal given he'll be gunning for his own glory every time he's out there in hopes he can convince some stupid team to give him more than MLE money.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wood You Consider Spending Over the First Apron - by SleepingHero - 07-08-2023, 10:32 PM