Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stein: "Don't Worry About Mavs Moves"
(07-05-2023, 01:00 AM)omahen Wrote: While I am not really a favorite of the exact trade proposal, I totally agree with your general concept. Mavs don't need a star that is worth 3 picks. That is plan powder. They need three correct role players next to them. Good role players cost even less than unprotected FRP. No point in waiting, if the correct player is available. They tend to be more often available, compared to players that cost 3 FRP.

That was my whole point, though. 

Reading IGT’s ideas, I feel as though he’s trying to find ways to dump that pick just to AVOID making a big multi-pick swing like that. That’s like trying to spend all of your money on beer before your spouse can blow it on lottery tickets. 

There are a ton of ways to use picks. The Mavs JUST proved capable of using one more creatively than we previously thought they could. Maybe, rather than argue about what STYLE of approach for these picks is best, we should just hope that they make all of them count??? Novel, I know. 

Also, I’m sorry, but when you’re asset poor, like the Mavericks, you have to spend those assets in “just the right” deals. That’s just the way it is.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, F Gump, Not an evil robot, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-04-2023, 06:53 AM
RE: Stein: "Don't Worry About Mavs Moves" - by KillerLeft - 07-05-2023, 09:46 AM