Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stein: "Don't Worry About Mavs Moves"
(07-03-2023, 06:13 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Lack of tradeable contracts isn´t the problem. But you have to attach something to them. What can the Mavs offer Boston for Williams? Portland for Thybulle?
2030 2nd won´t be enough. Do you give up Hardy or Green (I wouldn´t) or take back more bad salary?
I think we should lower our expectations for a trade. We put out our contracts and look for the most value. There are teams looking to move off players without draft compensation coming back. Even better if we can find a way to add a 2nd round pick. Plenty of teams looking for shooting and Reggie and Tim have good numbers. Are we getting starters back? No. But just swapping the contracts and getting bodies in the frontcourt would be a win. Or maybe WE give the asset of the trade spread taking on more money and get the better player. Just like the draft we need to turn nothing into something so it could take awhile. Guys like the Clippers washed up players(Morris, RoCo) are the guys I’m talking about targeting. 

As far as the RFAs go, at this point the best course could be just get them to sign the offer sheet and see if they will match. Get them for free. Bullock plus Holmes trade spread plus 2030 SRP is a strong offer if we want to go that way. Probably too strong 

I am not trading Hardy or Green at all. Or 27. We aren’t going all in this year. Our stars are fine with that or we wouldn’t be going down this road. Luka and Kyrie WANT the young guys IMO and know what they’re signing up for

There is a “*” with Green though. We need to know we can re-sign him at ~4/50 after all the business is done. If he plays games then now could be the best time to cash in. BUT, the best option is him extending
[-] The following 3 users Like Jason Terry's post:
  • ballsrchr, dirkfansince1998, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Jason Terry - by Jason Terry - 07-04-2023, 06:53 AM