Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT
(12-29-2019, 03:46 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I agree on the center of gravity. Somehow Durant has done everything offensively as a 7 ft guy for years but he's one of the greatest NBA players of all time in my opinion.

I do like KP putting the ball on the floor but he just needs to pass out of it more often before he gets too deep. He gets enough attention to where he needs to pull the trigger on the pass faster before 3 guys try to rip at the ball. When he has enough space he can get in there and score an easy bucket. I think with time he will have better recognition of what to do in those situations. It's still better than a post-up.

I like KP on the move without the ball. He really plays more like a wing. There was one pass he received running through the paint and he just pulled up and hit it. That's a good shot. If you need iso's bc you see more iso's in the playoffs just give the ball to Luka. He can do iso's all day long but he doesn't have to either. Luka's PnR game will also work in the playoffs. I don't think KP needs to post up 5 times in a playoff game. If its low percentage now it will be also in the playoffs. It's just not as good a shot as what you can get spreading everybody out.

Durant is effective pretty much everywhere offensively, at least he was when was healthy.  Reminds us that the personnel are required to make any coaching system work.  
Its interesting the way KP and Luka provide floor spacing gravity with their green light on 3's even when they are not yet shooting a great % at 33% and 34%.  Throw in THJ and Seth into that floor stretching mix now as well.  

Right now it looks like the same system Coach Carlisle has been trying to run without much success for the past seasons since the championship now has the just the right personnel for what he envisioned. 
Coach now has a brilliant PG/Point Forward F that can run the system just the way Coach wants it and still improvise as needed, a 7'3" Unicorn that plays like a talented wing on offense but defends the rim like a talented center on defense, an array of talented shooters that can take advantage of the spacing and the mobile high bbiq glue guys that can do all the dirty work.  

Looks like the right marriage of personnel to system!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT - by Dahlsim - 12-29-2019, 04:47 PM