Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wood You Consider Spending Over the First Apron
(06-11-2023, 12:50 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: 1. I would keep #10 assuming my scouts really liked the player and fit.  I would trade 2027, but only for a near all-star (note that Kyrie was basically a superstar level player...with warts...and he came for a future unprotected first and role players, so 2027 should bring even more).  Allen meets the criteria in my mind and you don't have to jack with him being a free agent for a while and he's probably available for the right price.

I'm skeptical you can get that much for the 2027 pick. Kyrie's off-court issues and trade demand had massively tanked his value. It's hard to use that to gauge future trades. Look at the Jrue Holiday deal for example. Milwaukee had to give up 2 unprotected 1sts (5 and 7 years out) to get their near all-star level player.

If I'm Cleveland I just hold on to Allen. He's too good to move for a single pick 4 years out or a THJ/Wood type player.

I think Gafford is more the caliber of center the Mavs could land for the 2027 pick. Maybe lightly protect it and dump a few bad contracts while we're at it. Something like Bullock, McGee, 27 1st (top 4 prot) for Gafford.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wood You Consider Spending Over the First Apron - by loki - 06-11-2023, 07:55 PM