Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT
I'm reading a lot of those defending RC as if the other side is saying that RC should scrap what he's doing and go with a more post up play style for KP. I don't believe anyone has said that. Even the TnT crew said, when KP has a smaller guy (6 footer was constantly said) on him to post him up, not in every play. 

They're basically saying exploit the defense when they switch on KP. I think everyone would want the team to exploit the weaknesses of the defense, wherever those weaknesses are. That's exactly how playoff basketball is played too. Exploit the oppositions weaknesses until they adjust then find the new weakness.

Quote:There is not much point in this, as it's been tried quiet a lot and it did not work, so we have the result already, he is simply not skilled in this sense. It's been either a turnover, stripped ball, bullied away from basket, or a missed shot almost always. In every game it's been the most frustrating thing watching KP posting up, no matter in what style he proceeed after posting up as you mention he tried all the possible moves maybe besides the sky hook, it's ended up pretty bad most of the time. It's not a skill he has in his game.
I have seen the same frustrating things as you have, however, he was doing it decently well in NY as the stats bare out. He was doing that as a 20-22 yo, so it was still a development in progress. He also has gotten off some really good shots/really open looks from posting up this year. They just aren't going in right now. That brings me to my next point:

Quote:That does not seem to be injury related at all, he seems fully fit.
While he is in the best shape of his life, he's still getting his basketball legs under him (that explanation is starting to fade, I will admit). He got into work out shape after 2 years then started playing high end basketball. Sure he developed some muscle and flexibility, but you never use the exact same muscles in any other exercise as when you play the actual sport. 

On top of that, he's got some mental struggles it seems. That is what I feel the biggest hang up is for him right now. He's getting open looks with most of his post up plays lately (a lot less fumbling the ball, which is a muscle coordination thing), they're just not going in. As he has said, it'll come. I myself can't wait for that moment. I had hoped the stretch sans Luka was going to have him put it all together, I guess we need to wait a bit longer.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT - by ItsGoTime - 12-27-2019, 07:25 PM