Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT
I want to add that there seems to exist a wrong view on KP and his skillset. Many define him as a "skilled player." I see him as extremely raw basketball player that is very tall and very athletic and that can shoot well when open. In that sense i do not see him being skilled. In my world skilled means attributes other than physical/atheltic. As he is so raw, he does not shoot well when challanged/guarded, if he is disturbed in any sense, his shoting is dramatically worse, no matter the distance. I havent watche Knicks when he played so i dont know if it was also the case before. Maybe he lost this part of the game and it will return with time, I really hope this.

He is extremely athletic for his size. In fact unique in this sense as you dont find as athletic tall player that also can shoot. He plays fantastic defense, he alters so many shots, easy shots that end up in empty posessions for the opponents, and that has transformed this defense. Last season so many drives ended up in easy baskets as we did not protect the rim well. This season, teams cant score in the paint on these very same plays, they are forced to make outside shots. Also he is showing to be a teamplayer and integrating and adapting his skills for the best of the team, which is great.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Porzingis Postup Debate - Rick Carlisle vs TNT - by burekemde - 12-27-2019, 07:16 PM